Filled with a high number of renowned onsen spots, Kyushu is a popular destination for many looking to douse in a high quality hot spring.
For that, we came up with this course taking you through highly sought-after onsen destinations of Kumamoto and Oita. Enjoy both the delicious cuisines and the beautifying hot spring baths only these places can offer.
(1) 10：00am Take a walk in Central Kumamoto City.
↓ Approx. a 15 min-walk.
(2) 12：00pm Lunch time. Kumamoto Ramen (noodle)
↓ Approx. 1 hour by bus.
(3) 2：00pm Tea time. Kurokawa sweets
↓ Approx. a 10 min-walk.
(4) 3：00pm Kurokawa Onsen. Onsen hopping with onsen tegata pass.
Stay overnight in Kurokawa Onsen, Kumamoto Prefecture.
(5) 11：00am Yufuin. To a bath with a spectacular view.
(6) 12：00pm Lunch time. A top ryokan Lunch
(7) 1：00pm Souvenir time. Find Yufuin's original
(8) 3：00pm Take a walk Torigoe area.
Stay overnight in Yufuin Onsen, Oita Prefecture.
(9) 10：00am To mainstream of Beppu tourism, Jigoku Meguri.
↓ Approx. 45 min by bus.
(10) 12：00pm Lunch time. Eat some Seki-saba and Seki-aji
(11) Beppu Unique Onsen Tour
Kumamoto-Oita route is also filled with unique attractions.
Let's begin the course following a Kumamoto fine dining!
A quick tour through the city via the tram in the AM, and don't forget to grab a bowl of Kumamoto ramen for lunch. With your stomach filled, let's head out to Kurokawa Onsen.
A stroll through the central Kumamoto City of the old and the new.
A recommended transportation system is the City Tram running right through the heart of the city. It's only 150yen regardless of where you get off. Get the view of Kumamoto Castle while riding the tram - it's a must!
Must-have Japanese sweets Tea time with Kurokawa shiratama zenzai.
Kurokawa Onsen: onsen hopping with onsen tegata pass.
Kurokawa Onsen is now domestically very well-known onsen location. The town welcomes visitors with its abundant mountain nature and traditional street architecture. Get an onsen tegata pass, and enjoy onsen hopping.
The final day will take you to Beppu Onsen, which yields the highest amount of hot spring water in the entire Japan. Symbolic streams of steams seen going up in the air all throughout the city sure creates a mood for a nice hot spring bath. The trip can be enhanced even more with Beppu Jigoku Meguri "hell" tour as well.